Monday, December 29, 2014

Cover Concepts | December 28 - 31

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :]

This Week: It is the last Cover Concepts of 2014! While I am going to continue the idea in 2015, you are going to see some changes to the posts as well. I will wait to share those during the first CC post of 2015, though! As this week only covers four days, there will not be too much to talk about, just like last week, but I did still want to share. 

1. After Us by Amber Hart - December 30
Before & After #2
 Thoughts: Well, it certainly goes with the cover of the first book in the series, so that is a good start. It is not nearly as creepy as the cover of book one, either (go look at it, their faces look pretty creepy, and I don't really understand why). I don't love cover models, as you know, but at least they're pretty dark and not quite kissing. It could be worse. I do like the font and color of the title.

2. Love and Other Theories by Alexis Bass - December 31
Thoughts: I think that this is actually pretty nice for being so simple. Sometimes simple can be better, in my opinion. I think that the colors are great and go well together, and the different fonts look cute together. I think that the heart with all of the pins is an interesting idea too, and gives us some insight about what sorts of things the book might contain (pain, anyone?).

3. Hidden by Donna Jo Napoli - December 30
Thoughts: This definitely looks like a historical fiction, which I guess is probably a good thing since that is exactly what it is. The colors work really well together, and make the book look very pretty and classic. Everything works together, and the only thing I really don't like about it is the symbol behind the title. I am not sure why everyone thinks they need to do that.

Which of the three covers is your favorite this week?

1 comment:

  1. I think After Us is my favorite of the three, it catches my eye more :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs