Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekend Ramblings


Hello all! Sorry I've been so absent again this week, things are so crazy around here right now! I am going to work on getting much better at scheduling my posts ahead of time so hopefully I can get back to having a post each day. I hope to accomplish this within the next week or two! For now, I thought I would share some random-book related things that have been on my mind. I have no need to do a Stacking the Shelves since I've added no books this week, so I thought this could be a fun change! Perhaps it could even become a link up in the future. Thoughts?

1. The Fault in Our Stars: At my new school, we have a mandatory Silent Sustained Reading time of fifteen minutes every day during fourth period. This is for not only the students, but we teachers are supposed to be reading during that time, too (I'm loving it!). In just the first three weeks, I have realized just how many of my female students are reading TFIOS. It has me wondering, would I be okay with my twelve-year-old daughter reading it? I suppose maybe I'm just way too conservative and naive to how much my daughter would know about something things at this age (*cough*sex*cough*), but I have been pretty shocked by the number reading it. I suppose most parents probably don't know the extent of the book, and most of the girls have probably already seen the movie. I don't know, I guess I'm just a prude!

2. Reading SLUMP: Guys, it was bad. I mean, really, really bad. There was about a month where I didn't feel like reading anything. I would go to the library, get excited to find some books there, and then I would get them home and they would stay on the shelf indefinitely until it was almost past the due date and I would return them. I was terrified by this. I mean,  I have a BOOK blog that I love and want to be able to keep up to date and frequent. How could I do that if I'm not reading? Luckily, last week I was able to get my hand on We Were Liars, and I got through it SO quickly. Then I found that I just wanted to keep reading. Now I'm reading Positive by Paige Rawl (a memoir), and really enjoying it as well. What do you all do when you're in a reading slump?

3. The Maze Runner: I am SO excited that this movie comes out so soon. It's the end of this week, isn't it? I thought that the original trailer looked great when I went to see TFIOS, but I had yet to read it at that point. Now that I have read the book and know even more about it, I think that the trailers look even more incredible. I think that it's going to be very well done, and I'm looking forward to seeing how close it is to the book, and what they decided to change.

4. The Texas Teen Book Festival: I have yet to be to any book events/signings/anything at this point which is super disappointing. I was supposed to go to one much earlier in the year, but it didn't happen. This one is on a Saturday in Austin though, which is only about a three hour drive, and I think that I might be able to make it. I am excited that James Dashner is the opening speaker and that there are going to be a lot of awesome teen authors that I might be able to meet and get autographs from. I'm really looking forward to it!

What bookish things have been on your mind lately?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs