Sunday, July 6, 2014

2014 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge

Falling For YA

2014 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge:
This is one challenge that I really, REALLY need to do this year. I should have started it awhile ago, but better late than never, right? I feel like this might give me the motivation I need to get through that Netgalley TBR list. I have already started, and hopefully it continues to be as successful as it has been so far. Here is the information for the challenge from Falling for YA's blog: 

2014 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge!

Have you ever logged on to Edelweiss or Netgalley with the intention of "Just Looking" and then logging off  having requested 5 new titles even though your TBR is a mile long? Inspired by Netgalley November the 2014 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge will (hopefully) give you the incentive to tackle your review books, stumble upon new ones, and get your Netgalley percentage to the desired 80%!

Challenge Guidelines
  • This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
  • Anyone is welcome to join. You do not need to be a blogger, just post your reviews and come back every month to link them up. 
  • Any genre, release date, request date, length, etc. counts so long as it came from Edelweiss or Netgalley.
  • At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews.
  • If you forget to link up one month it's not a problem just add your reviews next month.
  • If you would like to move up or down levels that is completely fine and at your discretion
  • Throughout the year there will be giveaways for Challenge participants, make sure to check in regularly and follow this blog so you don't miss any!
  • If you have any questions tweet me @FallingForYA or e-mail Emisbookblog@aol.com
Levels
Aluminum – 5 books
Bronze – 10 books
Silver – 25 books
Gold – 50 books
Platinum – 75 books
Diamond– 100 books
 
As of now, I think that  I will go for the goal of Silver. I have about 30 books that I still need to read and review on Netgalley (I don't use Edelweiss because I find Netgalley so much easier to navigate); However, I have no doubt I will probably end up requesting more titles before the year is over (obviously). If I could get all of them done by the end of the summer that would be grand, but we will see how things go. I post all of this to say: I am taking part in this challenge AND you will be seeing a lot more Netgalley reviews on the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs